The Cup and Handle is a bullish continuation pattern. The indicator will display Cup and Handle on your charts.
Differents display options are available :
- Arrows on key points,
- Triangles on the Cup and Handle,
- Cup and Handle’s lines,
- Theoretical objective.
Depending on everyone criteria, as well as the timeframe used, many parameters are adjustable to allow everyone to have the tool that suits them, and this without having to modify any line of code.
To adjust indicator parameters, simply open the Configuration menu :
Adjustables settings are :
- NumberCandleScanned = nombre of candles scanned,
- MinimumUptrendBefore = minimum uptrend before the Cup and Handle, expressed in percentage,
- MaximumPercentageBetweenTops = maximum percentage between the 2 tops,
- MinimumCupDepth = minimum cup depth, expressed as percentage of retracement of the preceding uptrend,
- MaximumCupDepth = maximum cup depth, expressed as percentage of retracement of the preceding uptrend,
- MinimumHandleDepth = minimum handle depth, expressed as percentage of retracement of the uptrend from cup to neckline,
- MaximumHandleDepth = maximum handle depth, expressed as percentage of retracement of the uptrend from cup to neckline,
- MaxiPercentageToNeckline = maximum distance from the current stockprice to the neckline, expressed in percentage. Value used in the filter below (NearNeckline),
- BreakOutNeckLine = filtering results with current stockprice breaking the neckline. Checked = Filter ON / Unchecked = Filter OFF,
- NearNeckline = filtering results with current stockprice close to the neckline. Checked = Filter ON / Unchecked = Filter OFF,
- NearHandleBottom = filtering results with current stockprice in the area of the handle bottom. Checked = Filter ON / Unchecked = Filter OFF.
- DisplayArrows = display arrows above and under key points,
- DisplayLines = display Cup and Handle lines,
- DisplayTriangles = display Cup and Handle triangles,
- ObjectiveDisplay = display the theoretical objective of the Cup and Handle. Checked ON / Unchecked = OFF,
The values shown above are given, as examples and do not constitute an optimal or recommended setting, everyone should find his own settings.
🇫🇷 Tasse avec Anse / 🇮🇹 Tazza con Manico / 🇩🇪 Tasse mit Henkel / 🇪🇸 Taza con Asa